A week in Briange in July-August 2021
Here is the 2021 calendar, so that like every summer, our 2021 nature-related activities allow you to discover the landscapes and inhabitants of our beautiful Ardèche.
Updated on 12 June 2021
We anticipate your disappointment, but we don’t offer music evenings or a children’s club/childcare centre here. Fortunately, there are so many other things to do! For example, we organise at least one activity per day, related to nature, the discovery of our territory or the local gastronomy.
Calendar of nature-related activities 2021
Whether you are in a tent or in one of our accommodations, all these activities are free, sometimes with registration. The calendar can still be enriched, so do not hesitate to come back and consult it (subject to modifications).
Nature walks at night, or not!
- Thursdays, from 8 July
With Mathieu, a young guide from Saint-Remèze, a mid-mountain guide, farmer and our neighbour! 360° panorama at the top of the Dent de Rez (720 m), or hike to the sandy mountain, on the banks of the Ardèche river, with a ford crossing. Breathtaking!
- Wednesday mornings, from 9:30 to 12:30/13:00. From 7 July onwards.
With Michel, President of the Saint-Remèze Heritage Association, who will share with you his love and knowledge of our local heritage: mills, dolmens, vernacular heritage…
Astronomy from 4.30 pm until… late at night!
- The day changes so as not to be disturbed by the Moon. Tuesday 6 July, Monday 2 and Friday 13 August.
With the Ophicius club. In the afternoon, the older children will be able to observe the Sun while the younger ones make and project their homemade rockets. Then, once night has fallen, observation of the stars after a presentation on the solar system. And above all, a meeting with enthusiasts, while enjoying a clear sky, ideal for stargazing.
- From 10.30 a.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays in July and August
DIY workshops will be led by the Briange team, to create lavender, photophores, mobiles, cyanotype, postcards made of recycled paper, paper beads, homemade candles… to be practiced with the family.
New in 2021: vegetable-based paints
And also practical workshops to make your own washing powder (article in french only), deodorant or toothpaste led by Jess and Romain.
Wellness under the oaks
To experience nature and rejuvenation to the full, very simply.
- Yoga with Nancy – Wednesdays 4, 11 and 18 August from 9.30am to 10.30am
- Sophrology with Françoise – Tuesday mornings at 9.30am, from 6 July
- Night swim at the pool every Thursday night until 11pm for the pleasure of swimming at night.
- Thursday evening: an Ardèche pancake evening, with chestnut-flour pancake batter, Ardèche ingredients for sweet and savoury pancakes, and sparkling wine from Saint-Remèze .
- Every Wednesday from 6pm to 8pm. Wine tasting/sale with Séverine, winegrower from Domaine de Mermès, to discover the terroir of our limestone plateau.
And every day of the summer
The descent of the Ardèche gorges
In partnership with Action Midi Sport, a kayak rental company, for a 24 km (one day) canoe trip in the Ardèche gorges. A mini-descent of 8 or 12 km is also possible. Departure from the river, at 10 min from the campsite.
Electric bike rides.
There are some lovely tours to be had around here. We don’t have bikes for hire here. You can go directly to Face sud in Vallon Pont d’Arc or Allvélo in Bourg St Andéol. They are pros, have great equipment and can advise you on some nice routes, either in Ardèche or along the Rhône river.
Discovering the territory in silence
To discover our territory, you can also rent our electric car Zoé, a great autonomy to roam in silence in the surroundings.