A week at the Domaine de Briange in July-August 2020
Despite the particular context of this year, we organize ourselves so that, like every summer, our 2020 nature-related activities allow you to discover the landscapes and the inhabitants of our beautiful Ardèche. We will update this page as we go along with information regarding the necessary protection measures.
We are already anticipating your disappointment, but here, we do not offer musical evenings, nor daycare / children’s club. Fortunately, there are so many other things to do! Thus, we organize at least one activity per day, in connection with nature, the discovery of our territory or the local gastronomy.
We plan to maintain the following events.
Calendar of our 2020 nature-related activities
Whether you are in a tent or in one of our accommodations, all these activities are free, sometimes done on registration. The calendar can still be enriched, so do not hesitate to come back to consult it (subject to modifications).
Nature hike at night, or not!
- Thursdays, every other week, in July and August: schedule to come depending on protection measures
With Mathieu, a medium mountain guide from Saint-Remèze, guide of the Gorges de l’Ardèche Natural Reserve for several years. 360° panorama at the top of Dent de Rez (720 m), or hike to the sand mountain, on the banks of the Ardèche river, with fording. Breathtaking !
- Friday mornings every other week, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
With Michel, President of the heritage association, who will be able to transmit his love and knowledge of our local heritage to you: mills, dolmens, vernacular heritage …
- To discover our territory you can also rent our electric car Zoé, a great autonomy to mop in silence around…
Astronomy from 4.30 p.m. until … late at night!
- Tuesdays July 9 and 26, then August 6
With the Ophicius club. In the afternoon, adults will be able to observe the Sun while children make and then project their homemade rockets. Then, after dark, stargazing after a presentation on the solar system. And above all, a meeting with passionate astronomers, enjoying a pure sky, ideal for stargazing.
Wooden skill games
- From 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Monday. For all ages !
With handcrafted clay balls whose recipe is secret! We move from one game to another, we exercise our skills with unusual games, created by enthusiasts. A great family time.
- From 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays mornings in July and August
DIY workshops will be led by Jess or Agnès: lavender workshops, tealight holders, mobiles, postcards in recycled paper, homemade candles… to practice with the family.
And also practical workshops to do your laundry, your deodorant or your homemade toothpaste will be led by Jess and Romain.
Our other activities
- Well-being under the oaks: yoga to fully experience natural and rejuvenating moments, very simply – calendar to come
- Nocturnal at the pool every Thursday evening until 11 p.m. for the pleasure of swimming at night.
For food lovers
- Thursday evening: crêpes ardéchoises at the menu, with a crepe batter made with chestnut flour, ingredients from Ardèche for savory and sweet crepes, and sparkling wine from Saint-Remèze.
- Every Wednesday at 6 p.m .: wine tasting with Séverine, winemaker of the Domaine de Mermès. Discover the terroir of our plateau.
And every day of the summer
The Ardèche canyon by canoe
In partnership with Action Midi Sport, boat rental company. They pick you up and bring you back to the campsite, for a 24 km (one day) canoe trip in the Ardèche gorges. A distance of 8 or 12 km is also possible, starting from the river.
Electric bike rides
There are nice rides to do around our campsite. We don’t have bikes for rent on site, but you can go directly to Face sud at Vallon Pont d’Arc. They are pros, have great equipment and can advise you on some pretty routes.